Thursday, April 14, 2011

Starting the Prep

Hello Everyone!

Greetings from the frantic, finishing the last 3 weeks of my senior semester, Kelsey :) Despite the hectic atmosphere of school, official preparation for Nepal has already begun! Like Mike noted, we are slowly gaining knowledge of the cultural practices and language, and I have been blessed in my own work to train a client who has lived in/traveled to Nepal many times in his life. He is a constant source of advice for "what not to do". I cannot believe how much I have even learned in this short amount of time. I was also blessed with having gone to high school with several people people from Nepal, and through their help, we have been given contacts for Nepal and people to meet up with when we get there! It will be amazing to be able to truly experience the culture with locals, and I cannot wait to swap stories.
As for other preparation, we are still continuing toward our fundraising goals and are looking into more avenues for assistance! For all of you supporting us, you have NO idea how much we appreciate you. Our trip honestly would not be possible without you, and I think I can speak for all of us in that we are ecstatic to have you be a part of our journey. I am amazed every day with how many wonderful people we are surrounded with and thank God daily for you all.
My personal practical prep of the week was immunizations, book purchases, and catching up on Nepali. It sounds as though our plane tickets will be purchased very soon so it is all becoming real! I get butterflies in my stomach thinking about it and cannot believe the whirlwind of a summer that I am going to have. I suppose now is as good of a time as any to share a blog-appropriate nutshell of Kelsey-thanks for that Mike :)
I am a senior Exercise Science major here at Creighton and am graduating literally a month from today….eeek! I have mixed emotions about the whole process, as the majority of seniors I know do, but have recently found out that I am staying in Omaha at least for the next year working as a personal trainer/group fitness instructor/bootcamp instructor, so I am thrilled about that. I am looking forward to a new challenge and to switch from student to staff at Creighton?….weird. Still getting used to the idea! As for my summer, for the girl from Western KS who has never traveled overseas-I'm hitting the Mediterranean at the beginning of June and South Asia for the second half of the summer. It will be such a phenomenal experience, and I think it will be really interesting to be able to compare all of the cultures I will be experiencing.
Hope you are all blessed with just as many April showers as we are…I'm banking on those May flowers to be here soon enough!
All the love.
Namaste,
Kelsey-ji

No comments:

Post a Comment