Monday, June 27, 2011

Time to Go.

The funds are raised, the tickets are bought, the Nepali meal was had (with Molly, our friend and volunteer teacher!) the books are read, and now the bags are packed.

When this all started more than 6 months ago, leaving for the 6 week trip seemed so distant and not yet real, with a whole semester of school in between us, but now, as I rush around, making sure I have everything ready to begin the first leg of the journey (I-88 to O'Hare) the reality's starting to set in a bit. I really don't think it'll hit until I get on the plane, but I am most definitely excited. Last night CNN had a special on sex trafficking in Nepal through the CNN Freedom Project. It dealt with a non-profit organization called Mighty Nepal who does very similar work to Tiny Hands International's. I watched the special with my parents, and as intense as it was, hearing the stories and seeing the work they do, it only reinforced the gravity of the women's situations in Nepal. There is so much work to be done, and after watching I can only pray that our trip makes some kind of difference, even if it is for our education to tell the stories and to spread awareness. As the time comes to take off, I'm grateful for this opportunity and I look so far to the weeks to come. Thank you all who helped make this possible, I would not be leaving today if it was not for your help, care, and support. Dhanybhad.

Until Next Time,
Mike

1 comment:

  1. eeeek! SO excited for you! I hope you have a safe flight, and I can't wait to hear all about your adventures.
    Now, go help people!
    -mb

    ReplyDelete